Monday, November 9, 2009

Work--an ointment for sorrow

Since we're back in the fire, so to speak (financially, at least), I've been stressed out every day. I've also been turning my heart to God to help me through yet another difficult time. My prayers are being answered, with the feelings of where to turn for help, the stumbling upon great deals and ideas for the upcoming holidays, and instruction of what to do to better the situation. Among that instruction is a canning assignment and an increase in my desire to roll up my sleeves and get to work--literally. Rake leaves, do housework, serve others...that seems to be a key to making things better for me. It makes me think back to Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's mention of work being an ointment for sorrow. We've had over a year-and-a-half of financial difficulties. Would it be easy at this point to wonder "why me?" Sure! Could I succumb to the stress and sorrows of our position? Very easily! But I won't... I choose instead to roll up my sleeves, do some canning, raking, and cleaning, and to apply the ointment of work to my sorrows. I've already noticed that when I can lose myself in work, I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment